Updated: Jul 8, 2019
October is the new July and this trend continues to grow as more people are looking for September and October weddings (currently 41% of couples are married in those two months). The increasing trend of outside or barn weddings is a driving factor in this as you want your guest to be comfortable during the ceremony and reception. The idea of cider and cocoa bars, apples and pumpkin at the reception are a breath of fresh air from current staples like smores or donuts bars. The weather can be a welcome change also as we transform from summer heat into stunning foliage for your backdrop and portraits.
Lets look at some options you might explore in gaining some fall wedding ideas:
1) The weather may be more brisk than anticipated so bring stylish shawls into it that would compliment your dresses and add a pop of color.
2) Fall is also the start of football season and hunting..... keep that in mind!! You can however incorporate that in your wedding and there are some great favors that present a nod to them well
3) Colors to consider are deep reds, oranges, and browns. The darker shades work well and are complimented with neutral shades like champagne, cream and grey.
4) As mentioned, incorporating fall flavor's into your guests menu is a great idea. Butternut bisque for a starter? Apple pie for dessert? Pomegranate signature cocktail? Pumpkin frosting on the cake? Apple and goat cheese stuffed pork roulade? Charcuterie?
5) Flowers are ample and there is a boundless selection for a fall wedding including Dahlias, Anemones, Marigolds and Sunflowers. Centerpiece mixed with acorns?
6) Some wedding cake trends to consider may be apple spice, gingerbread or red velvet.
7) Wagon rides in between cocktail hour and reception?
These are all great ideas to get you started in your fall wedding planning but don't forget about considering November and December as well. (December is becoming popular as well as winter weddings in general). These are great times to catch "off season" rates for venues and all other services.
Whichever you choose, be blessed and contact us for any questions you have,
The Vine Team